Sliver Fishing

When it becomes harder to nail your next catch, do you cast your net wider or change your bait?

The correct answer would differ for every business, but it’s probably a combination of both.

The 95:5 rule from Professor John Dawes is confronting for B2B businesses. At any time, 95% of your market isn’t interested in buying anything from you. So you and your competition are fighting for that remaining 5%.

In a downturn, that 5% is even lower. Yikes.

In this market, just taking shots in the dark won’t be enough. You need to make every opportunity count. For that to happen, your brand and marketing must be humming so that every message lands.

First, you need to get noticed, which takes creativity. Then you need to say the right things to the right people at the right time to give yourself a chance at capturing some of that tiny sliver of the market who are ready to buy.

Sounds like hard work? It is if you don’t know where to start.

If that sounds like you, then you should drop me a line. We have a proven process that gets results that I can tell you all about.